BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Wife Swap

So I watched Wife Swap last night and I have to say I cannot believe how idiotic some parents can be. In case you don't watch it, it's about 2 families who have very different views on things and the wives switch places with each other. The first family had a father who thinks that looks are all that matters when it comes to women and the mother agrees. Their daughter is a "beauty queen" and a complete idiot. The mother does all of her homework cuz they don't want her up all night doing homework and she doesn't have time with all of her pageant crap anyway. (They'll keep her up all night with pageant "training" but not for things that really matter?) The other family's mother is a feminist and the father is very passive. Their daughters are homeschooled and are taught to be self sufficient and not have to rely on a man to get them through life. Now the first week of the wife swap the visiting mother has to follow the rules of that household and then they get to bring their own rules in to play. Things go really bad when this happens. (And sometimes even before this happens). I just have to say that the father of the "beauty queen" was a complete idiot. He insulted the new mother many times and even called her a "feminist pig" The beauty queen mother insulted her new family by saying that Feminists are losers and where will being one get you in life. Well let's see if it weren't for the Feminists she wouldn't be able to vote. (I highly doubt she votes anyway and thank god for that if she thinks looks will get you everywhere in life). The father goes on to say that he would hire a good looking woman rather than a smart woman in an interview because he'd rather look at a beautiful woman (PIG!) I just can't believe raising a child to think that all you need to get you through life is looks! What man these days wants a helpless woman? A man who works all day certainly doesn't want to have to come home and cook and clean for him and the children while his wife parades around in pretty dresses and paints her nails. Which brings me to my next point. The beauty queen wife was painting the nails of the little girl from the feminist family because the little girl didn't want to do her school work and her older sister (who the mother called a geek right to her face. Hey Bill Gates was a geek and look where it got him.) was wondering why she was painting her nails instead of doing her schoolwork and she said cuz it will teach her things. UH, what does nail painting teach you? Then that woman had the nerve to ask where would learning car mechanics get the little girls in life? That one is personal. I took Auto Mechanics for two years and I now know how to take care of my car and I can fix it on my own. And if by chance I can't or don't have the tools to fix it myself at least I can't take it in to a shop and know when I am getting screwed over cuz I'm just a "stupid" girl. Or a beauty queen. This "beauty queen" family goes on to say that pageants are reality and she has plenty of achievements, (I didn't know smiling was a new and great achievement for a 15 year old), but the girl can't even spell America correctly! She can't even speak properly. She used "standed up" instead of "stood up". (I'd just like to point out too that she cried hysterically when the Fem mother ripped a $139 picture of her up. $139? That is ridiculous!)How can the parents be so unaware of the damage they are causing? And it is them. She is just a product of idiotic people. The poor girl has no one to blame for the way she is but her parents. I mean come on, they have a Christmas tree up year round cuz she gets presents daily. The funny part is these parents think they are normal! It is a sad situation though. The father is a a pig who even insulted his daughter's effort to cook a meal. He said it was terrible to her face and the poor girl was so proud of herself and he just beat her down with his disgusting words. It's his fault she can't cook! So he has no one to blame but himself. I just don't understand how one family can be so out of touch with reality. I'm not saying the other family was perfect either cuz the mother just forced her feminist opinions on her little girls and the one little girl liked make-up and the mother would have nothing to do with it. (Hey newsflash, there are Feminists who are pretty and wear make-up). I'm not saying I am an expert on how to raise children but it just seems like common sense to me. Let your kids be who they want to be, but don't overindulge them.

1 comments:

sloanfirefighter89 said...

I love you vocing your opinion and I think you should qrite more and do it more often. Plus I watched the show with you last night and I was agitated about how the beauty queen father would knock his daughter down for actually trying and working. Plus I likedd how the family of the feminists actually came out learning something because he found his daughters can be beauty queens and still fend for themselves. Overall good blog and keep voicing your thoughts no matter what happens and who it pisses off.