BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Are Men Really The Weaker Sex?

How many of you read Cosmo? I do. I get it in the mail every month with this magazine thing I did and I have to say I'm thinking of writing them a letter. Every issue there are articles that help women deal with men. Well, in case no one has noticed, most of those articles tell women to put on a front and/or bend for men. Ohhhh don't tell him how you feel too soon cuz he won't be able to handle it, Ohhhh don't talk about how much money you make at your great job that you spent 8 years in college just to get cuz you make more money than him... I didn't realize guys are so sensitive.

To be more specific, this month's issue has a section in the man manual that shows '4 Things Guys Hate To Do' Here they are:

Hold Your Purse- Oh I'm sorry, am I just supposed to leave it on the floor to get stolen?

Meet Your Ex- Ok that is an understandable one, but, do know that if you all live in the same place, there IS the chance of running into them when you are out. (Gasp!) Am I supposed to just pretend that he or you don't exist when you two meet?

Help Out Your Friends- Are you kidding me? Are you that full of yourself that you can't even help another person??? If they weren't my friend, would you have helped them? Believe me, us girls have had to help our boyfriend's friend's out so why can't men return the favour?

Go To A Pilates Class- Ok. We get it. Pilates aren't your thing. However, there are things that we do for men that we don't want to do either. (I love shopping for video games and I love watching them be played even more).

Now I'm not saying that both men and women shouldn't bend for one another cuz everyone has to at some point. I just don't understand why women are the ones who have to do more of the bending. If a woman tells a man she doesn't want to do something (ex. visit the worlds biggest beer bong) she is not being a good sport and is therefore deemed a bitch by not only him, but all his friends as well (and any other man he happens to tell about it). If a woman asks a man to do a simple task such as holding her purse while she goes to try something on, she is supposed to feel ashamed of herself for even thinking it and then feeling privileged that he even went shopping with her in the first place! Yeah, makes sense to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha I COMPLETELY understand the video game one. I detest how much time Joe spends playing game. I'll admit I like playing with him occationally, but when I'm over that's all he does lol.

Anonymous said...

men expect everything from us women but when we ask a simple question they cant do it for us?

Anonymous said...

i make dan do 3 out of the 4 things on that list lol. I even make him pick me up tampons haha.

Anonymous said...

i get cosmo every month too and i actually laughed as i read this blog because i told steven that he has no choice but to do at least two if not three of them. i was reading my cosmo (as steve played his video games of course)- and i thought, if a guy isn't willing to help out my friends then what kind of person is he really? well anyways just commenting cuz i completely get it lol

Anonymous said...

LOL HILARIOUS.
Sean will hold my purse, because he holds his WIFE'S purse does not mean he is any less of a man. Good Lord. Hell, even his MOTHER has told him to snag my purse for me. I figure if I have to carry half his crap in my purse, the least he can do is occasionally hold it for me. fair is fair. LOL

Feelings? Last time I checked guys liked it when you are straight up with them and told them how it was. -unless you are one of those over-emotional and clingy as hell type of chick. then shut your trap. Nobody wants to hear it. LOL

Pilates? hahaha. seriously? its called compromise.
I love to play video games with my hubby, I guess I am just weird like that though. Hence the lack of myspace. I have a new addiction. Xbox 360. hahahaha.

O Jenn, I live for your blogs. make a good day better! LOL
A.Kelly

Jenn said...

:)