BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

What a stupid holiday. Why should you only celebrate your love on one day out of the year? What about all the other days of the year? I am lucky enough to have a husband who not only buys me a present for V-Day (the Across The Universe DVD) but a husband who buys me little presents all year long for no reason whatsoever.

Now, I'm not just bitter this year cuz I will be spending it alone cuz my husband is in Anchorage playing Army, I've always thought this. I really do believe this is a holiday for candy makers. Not saying they invented it, but they certainly took advantage of it. Every candy company has special wrappers for their candy with pink, white, and red hearts or something similarly festive.

Why?

Can't I just have my candy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i couldnt agree with you more... its just another label thats all.. lol!!!

You are right tho.. why need a specific day to show your love and eat all the chocolate you want? psh i do that everyday.. tehehe

~kms

Alexxxxxx{andra} said...

LMAO. Its the card company and the candy company getting together and saying.. "lets make some shit up!"

My hubby is like yours, I get flowers for no reason and they mean more because it wasn't a day telling him he had too. (though I did wake up to a dozen roses. not gonna bitch about that)

If I am going to celebrate a bs holiday, its gonna be Saint Patricks Day. We are Irish as HELL!! LOL and at least we get an excuse to drink. (and by that I mean I get to have a couple drinks and usually just watch everyone else get blitzed. )