BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 29, 2008

One Week Down

Its been a week since he left and it feels like the entire year has passed already. Everyone says it will go by fast but this week just dragged by. Last time he deployed, we weren't together so it did go by fast. Even when he got extended, it still flew by. It's so different this time. I cared about him last time but I care for him infinity times more this time around. I hate sleeping without him. I roll over and expect him to be there and he's not. I've tried pretending he's there holding me but it's not the same. I haven't washed any of his clothes cuz they still smell like him. Every movie or show I see with a couple breaks my heart. I just never thought I'd ever love someone this much and I'm so glad I fell in love with my best friend. I know we'll look back and see this as a tough chapter in our life and I'm sure this will be as tough as it will get with us, I just still wish we didn't have to go through it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who is telling you it will go by faster than you think. Because, and I'm just speaking as his mom here, the last time did not go by fast, not for me. Every day seems like a week, every week like a month, and every month like a year. I miss him differently than you do, but miss him like a missing eye or a missing limb. But for me, this time IS different, I've been through it once, and know more about it, which makes it harder for me. But this time I am not only scared for him, my son, but I worry about you, my daughter. I'm scared for you. I hurt for you. And I think of you every minute I think of him. which is.. every minute. I will tell you the truth, it will not go by fast. Thats a fairy tale. and fairy tales are not real. This is real. and this sucks. I love you, I feel for you, and I am always here for you. 24/7

Anonymous said...

(((BIG HUGS))) i am so sorry that he's even gone to begin with...and i wish there was some way to help time speed up for you. i do know that whatever the situation, staying busy helps to distract me...but there's always facing an empty house that just kills. if there's anything i can do, just let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie you will get through this, I promise. Once you are back here I am sure you will keep busy. You have Ariel here, she will keep you busy. Then you will be seeing new things when you go to see Kym in Georgia. We are all here for you, so you won't be alone. I Love Ya Toots! The porch light is still burning. Love Mom XoXoXo

Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jess said...

ok, half my comment for some reason didnt show up so here i go again.

staying busy is the key to everything. When you fill your time up, you aren't siting there clock watching. I HATED my days off with a passion because I sat and watched the clock and when it seemed like hours had passed, it was really only like 20 min or so.The first few weeks were definately the hardest. Getting used to being alone, doing everything on my own and having to learn to cook for one less person. After I got into the swing of things and kept myself occupied and surrounded equally with people who were going threw it with me, people who had gone threw it and people who knew nothing about it, i had a perfect mix. I had people to bitch to about it, people to give me advice and people to distract me.
I know it seems like forever now, but this time next year when he is laying next to you, you'll look back and think to yourself, "it seemed long at the time, but looking back, it went by before my eyes."
I look back and think about this time last year am amazed.